Kelly Lawton is an associate attorney where she focuses on IP registration and enforcements, multi-media licensing, and privacy compliance. Kelly earned a dual JD/MBA degree at Seattle University and has worked for a variety of disruptive companies in the fields of real estate investments, computer-based therapy, and mobile media. She enjoys providing innovative strategic and forward-thinking legal guidance to work collaboratively with clients to develop strategies that have a meaningful impact to clients’ who are forming and leading their businesses.
Kelly is an active volunteer with local organizations, including the Chair of the KCBA Business Law Section and working with clients through Communities Rise, which provides business and legal services to microenterprises and non-profits.
- Favorite Quarantine Activity: Water coloring
- Not-so-Secret Indulgence: Natural based beauty products
- First Concert: No Doubt opening for the Rolling Stones
- Fuzzy friends(s): Nymeria (hint: Game of Thrones) and Holly (the most loveable lab).
- Favorite job before I was a lawyer: Being part of the first company to bring live TV to your cellphone.
- What I do when I’m not in the office: In my free time, I enjoy walks with my dogs (right now we’re exploring Alki), soaking up as much sun as possible in the Summer, and snowboarding and snowshoeing in the Winter.
I understand that the information I email to HMLG will not be treated as confidential and does not create an attorney-client relationship. We cannot represent you until we talk to you, check for conflicts, and sign a written agreement.