Stephanie is an associate corporate attorney who collaborates with businesses across industries on all aspects of corporate transactions and regulatory compliance. She supports companies during equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property licensing. Before rejoining HMLG in 2020, Stephanie spent three years at Dorsey & Whitney, LLP where she worked with public and private companies on the impact of regulatory systems on complex corporate transactions, corporate restructuring, and commercial transactions.
Stephanie received her JD from Seattle University School of Law where she graduated magna cum laude and served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Seattle University Law Review.
She is a second-career attorney who spent several years working in the entertainment and marketing industries prior to pursuing a career in law. Stephanie received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Media Arts and Design with a focus on journalism and the business side of the music industry from James Madison University. She now parlays her previous business experience into practical advice for her clients.
Stephanie is a frequent presenter and writer on cannabis and hemp regulatory matters. Recent presentations and publications include:
- “Exceeding its Authority: The USPTO Prevents Federal Registration of Medical Marijuana Trademarks, Seattle University Law Review (2017).
- The Cannabis Landscape at Home and Abroad, 39th Annual Northwest Securities Law Institute (2019)
- Hemp Regulations in Washington, Oregon and Colorado, The Lucrative Business of Marijuana in Washington State (2020)
- FDA and FTC Labeling and Marketing Regulations, CBD Considerations in the Pacific Northwest (2020)
- Favorite Quarantine Activity: Virtual bake offs with friends
- Not-so-Secret Indulgence: Chocolate, White Chocolate Cake from Simply Desserts in Fremont.
- First Concert: ZoSo, a Led Zeppelin tribute band with my mom
- Fuzzy friends: Two goofball cats named Izzy and Marley
- Favorite job before I was a lawyer: Toss up between concert promotor and recipe tester for a cookbook
- What I do when I’m not in the office: Exploring the Pacific Northwest’s rivers and lakes by kayak or whitewater raft.
I understand that the information I email to HMLG will not be treated as confidential and does not create an attorney-client relationship. We cannot represent you until we talk to you, check for conflicts, and sign a written agreement.