We work closely with the executive teams of a wide range of clients and provide a full suite of corporate governance services including general counsel services.
We can advise you on the responsibilities of corporations, management, boards of directors and special committees of boards of directors under federal and state securities laws, and general corporate laws. Our team is experienced in all aspects of governance counseling, including board and board committee composition, process and independence. We understand the challenges facing corporate executives and directors of smaller companies, as they try to comply with new laws and regulations that are uniformly imposed on companies of all sizes. We work collaboratively with accounting firms, senior management, boards of directors, board committees, and other corporate constituencies to advise on regulatory and business practice matters.
We can help you with:
- Director and officer duties, responsibilities, fiduciary obligations, and “best practices” for boards and board committees
- Board/management issues, including conflicts of interest, and related party transactions
- Governance matters, including charters, programs, self-evaluations, codes of conduct, and executive succession planning
- Policies and procedures such as disclosures, codes of conduct, and corporate compliance
- Creating document retention policies
- Counseling on executive compensation issues and disclosure
- SEC compliance, and the implications of evolving securities laws
- Shareholder relations
- Public offerings and exit strategies