Mary Kay Andersen
As a legal consultant for HMLG, Mary Kay Andersen focuses on legal compliance in the planning, execution and administration of promotional campaigns, including contests, sweepstakes and free gift offers.
Prior to joining HMLG, she gained 18 years of experience at Microsoft, managing legal review for all US game promotions. She enjoyed teaching employee classes including “Legal 101 for New Employees” and “Marketing Law & Order.”
She served 6 years on the Board of Directors for the Promotion Marketing Association and Brand Activation Association. She worked as a legal specialist at Ragen Swan PLLC, supporting Microsoft.
Prior to legal work, Mary Kay held various roles in promotion, publicity and marketing, including Unit Publicist on the films “Homeward Bound the Incredible Journey,” and “Aspen Extreme.” She earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from the University of Washington.
She volunteers with the nonprofit West Seattle Garden Tour and creates, sells and donates handmade art to benefit animal welfare organizations.
- What I do when I’m not in the office: Odds are you’ll find me in the garden, walking my dog or searching through a thrift store.
- First concert: Triumph at Seattle Center Arena. It was very loud.
- Last concert: Lake Street Dive at the Paramount. First time seeing them live but won’t be my last.
- Not-so-Secret Indulgence: Pizza, thin crust please.
- Fuzzy friends: Mr. Black is a longhaired house cat who loves to eat and snuggle, in that order. Rex is a chow golden retriever mix who knows that good dogs go on good car rides.
I understand that the information I email to HMLG will not be treated as confidential and does not create an attorney-client relationship. We cannot represent you until we talk to you, check for conflicts, and sign a written agreement.