HMLG provides a wide range of legal services to businesses in the literary world including authors (traditional and self-published), playwrights, cartoonists, agents and book and magazine publishers.
With a unique practical perspective gained from our founder’s experience as a self-published best-selling romance author, HMLG’s legal services cover a broad spectrum of issues, including intellectual property protection, contract negotiation, licensing, and dispute resolution. With our powerful, practical negotiation tactics, HMLG helps our clients develop and enforce contracts that are fair and equitable, while also protecting their creative works and assets.
In addition, we provide guidance on publishing industry regulations and compliance, defamation and privacy laws, and digital media issues. HMLG’s aim is to help our clients navigate the ever-changing landscape of the publishing industry, while minimizing their legal risk and maximizing their creative and financial potential.
HMLG LITERARY SERVICES:
- Strategic Literary Industry Guidance
- Business Contract Negotiation & Enforcement
- Publishing Agreements (Options, Life Story, Agency, Screenwriting, Ghostwriting, Adaptations)
- Film & Television Rights, Merchandise and Ancillary Rights
- Website Terms and Conditions, E-Commerce and Privacy
- Distribution & Sales Agreements, Retailers, Wholesalers
- Intellectual Property Protection.
- Defamation, Rights of Publicity and Rights of Privacy
- Publishing Industry Regulations & Compliance
- Self-Publishing Business & Operations.
- Book Tours, Influencers, Social Media